Please send resume as an attachment to [email protected]
Title: Network Engineer
Location: Bloomington/Normal, IL
Requirements for this position:
- Responsible for the configuration, testing and installation of the wired network equipment, which includes inside CIRBN customer buildings and designated distribution sites in each rural community and Bloomington/Normal.
- Coordinate with wireless consultants on the connection of the wireless bridges into the CIRBN backbone.
- Design and document an IP address scheme for egress, backbone, distribution and access layer of the network.
- Coordinate with Chief Technology Officer and partners to understand networking needs such as connectivity between sites, egress, etc.
- Document customer and distribution site network information including cable records, and logical and physical topology of the network using an application such as MS Visio.
- Coordinate with an outside vendor on the monitoring of the CIRBN network.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network issues as they arise.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer support issues as they arise.
- Provide pre-sales technical support for new business opportunities
- Provide weekly status and outage reports to Executive Director.
- Work nights and weekends as needed to resolve network issues, minimize customer impact during maintenance windows, and to resolve after hours customer support issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Greet clients, establish rapport, project a professional tone, calm stressed or upset clients and document all details.
- Prove initiative by seeing and doing what needs to be done; learn quickly.
- Speak with confidence using facts.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to share new and different ideas.
- Utilize excellent written communication skills every day.
- Exhibit superior phone skills.
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to provide and receive honest feedback.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Group medical insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Group dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 457 retirement savings plan and Roth IRA plans
- Flexible spending plan
- Personal convenience days
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
- Paid training and certifications
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness program
- Employee credit union
- Legal consultations