All CIRBN customers are responsible for adhering to the Agreement, Service Plan, and Schedule of Fees as outlined in the Customer Service Agreement as well as the policies listed below.
Customer agrees to:
- Ensure that all users accessing the Network through this Agreement maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct, Internet etiquette, accountability, and responsibility in the use of the Network and related services and facilities, including strict compliance with the policies of network providers accessed by Customer.
- Use the Network, Services, and Equipment in strict accordance with all copyrights, trademarks, patents, and other proprietary rights applicable to such use for the purposes of this Agreement.
- Not use the Service for any unlawful, abusive, or fraudulent purpose, including without limitation, using the Service in a way that a) interferes with CIRBN’s ability to provide service to CIRBN customers; b) avoids Customer’s obligation to pay for the Services; c) constitutes a criminal offense; d) gives rise to a civil liability; or e) otherwise violates any law, order, ordinance, governmental requirement, regulation, or this Agreement.
- Upon notice from CIRBN indicating abuse (Originating SPAM, virus, hacking DoS/DDoS attacks or other compromised activity) take appropriate and timely measures to secure or disconnect any user nodes attached to and receiving services from the Network.
- Be responsible for all access to the Services through Customer's account or password(s), whether or not authorized by Customer, and for any and all fees and expenses incurred for the Services.
- Not upload, post, or otherwise publish on, through, or over the Services, and must not seek on, through, or over the Services any software, file, information, communication, or other content which; (a) violates or infringes upon the rights of CIRBN or any third party; (b) adversely affects the performance or availability of the Services; or (c) contains any virus, worm, cancelbot, harmful component, or corrupted data.
- Not use the Services for any illegal purposes or for the transmission of material that is abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, harmful, vulgar, obscene, tortuous, otherwise objectionable, or in violation of this Agreement.
- Resale of CIRBN services without the express prior written consent of CIRBN unless you are an authorized Service Provider.
- Export, re-exporting, or permitting downloads of any content in violation of the export or import laws of the United States or without all required approvals, licenses and exemptions.
Acceptable Use Policy Updates
CIRBN reserves the right to modify these Acceptable Use requirements at any time by updating the Acceptable Use Policy on the CIRBN website: www.cirbn.org.
In accordance with FCC 05-151, the FCC’s Broadband Policy Statement, the Central Illinois Regional Broadband Network (CIRBN) will be a nondiscriminatory, open-access network where service providers can competitively provide services including, but not limited to, data and video. As a result, CIRBN subscribers will have competitive options for accessing lawful Internet content, applications, and services via devices of their choosing.
CIRBN will not discriminate against providers of Internet applications or content operating in adherence to the law. Traffic will be neutrally routed, regardless of source or packet type.
CIRBN subscribers will have access to public Internet service offerings.
CIRBN subscribers should be able to make informed decisions when selecting a service provider. All CIRBN service providers will be required to prominently display network management policies on their websites.
CIRBN is a place where providers can interconnect. This will maximize available service choices for CIRBN subscribers. CIRBN subscribers will benefit from the innovation created through service provider competition.
By creating and enforcing an open-access infrastructure, CIRBN subscribers will benefit from maximized service provider choices at competitive rates. Additionally, local and even global service providers are given equal, unbiased opportunities to expand a subscriber portfolio, which in turn creates economic development momentum.
Non-Discrimination Policy Updates
CIRBN reserves the right to modify this policy at any time by updating the Non-Discrimination Policy on the CIRBN website: www.cirbn.org.